Monday, January 6, 2014

Fab Mondays | Blistex Deep Renewal




Fab Mondays is here again. It's the day I post about anything beauty and fashion related. As I'm writing this post right now, there is about a couple or three inches of snow outside keeping us in a freezer like situation. So I thought, why not share my recent lip regimen? It was last year when I first tried their medicated lip balm in my desperation to find a better lip balm to cure my exceedingly dry lips. It was so cold and dry (just like right now) as it resulted to swollen, cracked lips. It came to a point where the dryness spreads out on my skin in between my lip and nose. I kinda looked like I had a mustache and it was a complete eyesore. 
Only Blistex Medicated Lip Balm worked amongst all other brands I've tried. I was running low on this so I was gonna pick up some more when I came across this new Blistex Anti-Aging treatment lip balm from the same brand. I did pick up the old one I'm using but I also wanted to try their Deep Renewal too. I've been using it for a month now and I can see some good results. Their Anti-Aging treatment lip balm is supposed to moisturize and reduce visible signs of aging as well as improve lip health and vitality when use consistently. It contains Coenzyme Q-10, Hyaluronic filling spheres, Vitamin-collagen anti-oxidant complex, and Light-refractors.


I must say, they are not exactly the same but it could also be a good lip treatment. It wasn't as heavily moisturizing and long lasting as the medicated one. It smells and tastes good. Yup! Once in a while I'd lick my lips (habit reasons) and there's a hint of sweetness to it.  Another advantage is that it also helps prevent sunburn as it contains broad spectrum SPF 15. My lips don't feel rough right now considering the cold weather and I believe it does minimizes lines on the lips over time. I got it on sale last month for a pack of 2 for only $1.50. 

Do you have any favorite lip balms? Have a glamorously simple Monday everyone! xoxo

   

No comments:

Post a Comment