Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Kind Of Peach Cake


Don’t you just love those peaches?? Lately, peaches would often come to my mind each time I crave for a cake. Even though I was craving for the infamous Mango Charlotte Cake of Bistro Rosario in Davao, I find it satisfying enough to just have peaches in the cake rather than mangoes.

And since I couldn’t find their mango charlotte recipe online, I decided to be a little creative and sort of did some experimenting just to come up with a similar cake. I’m not really sure what type of cake they used so I went ahead and tried sponge cake. I’m not a professional baker so I don’t really know if Sponge cake is different from a Chiffon Cake. 

Anyway, as I’m mastering the Chiffon Cake making, it tends to be easier over time. Here’s my first time making it (click here). This cake recipe is a no fail recipe for me as I'm always failing in that aspect (I mean with other cake recipes). I'm amazed at how good it turns out every time I bake it. As for my filling and frosting, I used custard frosting and a store bought cool whip frosting. 

I know it's not the exact copy cat but for me it still tastes great and definitely crave worthy. I got two different custard filling recipes that I've already tried here and here, which by the way are both yummy, but I will only post the one I used on my peach cake.


(CHIFFON) YEMA CAKE RECIPE: 

Ingredients :
2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup canola oil
5 pieces raw eggs, separated
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

Cooking Procedures : 

  1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare 10-inch ungreased tube pan. 
  2. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. 
  3. Make a well at the center and add oil, egg yolks, water and vanilla. Beat until smooth and no lumps occur. Set aside. 
  4. Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat egg whites until frothy. Add the cream of tartar. Continue to beat on high until soft peaks begin to form. Add sugar very gradually and continuously beating until meringue is glossy and stiff. 
  5. Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the meringue until well blended, ensuring that you scrap the bottom of the bowl as you fold. 
  6. Pour into prepared un-greased tube pan. Bake until golden and middle springs back when touched for about 35 minutes. 
  7. Invert onto the neck of a bottle. 
  8. Cool completely upside down. 

 CUSTARD FILLING:

1 can sweetened condensed milk 
6egg yolks 
1 tsp vanilla 
Half can Evap milk
4 tbsp butter
In a saucepan, combine all together and keep stirring while cooking on a medium to low heat. Once the consistency is a bit sticky and heavy, it's ready. 


I doubled the custard recipe so I can use it for filling and also to cover the entire cake. The cool whip frosting is just for added frosting as well as design. Top the cake with fresh peaches or you can also put peaches along with the custard filling. I don't mind the peach overload anyway. 

Have a yummy and glamorously simple day! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment